Banking the un-banked
Bill Barhydt of Boom Financial
Please visit Aaron's editorial sponsor.
Mobile banking; much more than checking your balance. Boom is banking the unbanked.
Boom's brains Bill Barhydt: from Nasa, to the CIA, to Boom
Bill's Personal Goals:
- Work with great people and help them excel in whatever they undertake
- Bring great consumer products and services to market
- Make a positive difference in people's lives
- Consumer Internet and Mobile Products & Technologies
- Mobile Payments (Mobile Money and Mobile Wallet technologies,) Mobile Remittances and Digital Currencies like BitCoin and e-payment services like PayPal and Square
- Financial Inclusion (remittances, money transfer, banking, etc)
- Gaming (particularly mobile games)
- Strategic Planning, Product Launch & Positioning
- Business Model Definition and Testing
- Executive Recruiting & Team Building
- Big Deal Execution (building win win business scenarios)
Barhydt attended The Stevens Institute of Technology (BS, Computer Science, 1990) and has done graduate work (non-degree) at Stanford (Mathematics) and NYU (Finance.)
After working for the CIA, NASA and Goldman Sachs, Barhydt decided to join Netscape working on telecom and Internet banking deals, mostly in Europe. After the AOL acquisition of Netscape Barhydt founded WebSentric. The technology for WebSentric exists today in SAP's online portal service.
Barhydt was CEO of KnowNow, VP Market Development for Plaxo and has been a Director or adviser to numerous start-ups including Meeting Maker, Ignite Racing, Particle Code, Sennari, Plaxo, Kopo Kopo and others.
Barhydt co-founded m-Via in 2008.
As a recognized expert in Internet and Mobile technologies Barhydt has presented at The World Economic Forum, The US State Department, The Mobile World Congress, TED, and many Internet and mobile technology conferences.
Aaron Stipkovich, Publisher: With an education in information, technology, business and related disciplines, Aaron entered business on radio. Beginning as a disc jockey in Southern California, a nationally syndicated talk show host position soon followed. During the transition from regional to national, he launched a national print magazine in several countries, and was distributed by Time Inc. Having a handful of humble business media entities, a decade or so later he has divested himself from most of his companies... (more...)