Eat Like a Star: Go Raw!
Please visit our sponsor.
Matthew Kenney is the world's leading raw food chef
Six thoughts on the advantages of eating raw
- Taste. Properly prepared raw food should be created with high quality ingredients at the peak of their seasonality. You get to enjoy and celebrate the perfection of whole foods as they occur in nature.
- Beauty. Raw cuisine should celebrate the array of colors, textures, shapes, and sizes available to create with. The result is often an edible artistic expression.
- Digestion and Recovery. Because the nutrients and enzymes are still present, raw food is easy to digest and aids our bodies in recovery and repair.
- Creativity. Raw cuisine, at least to us, is about exploring the possibilities and changing the way people think about food. It's simple to make something fried taste good, pushing yourself to create delicious combinations of foods in their natural state is much more pleasurable.
- Simplicity. Raw cuisine can be incredibly simple, with a few ingredients and little work you can achieve complex flavors. Not having to scrub pots and pans following the preparation of meals also makes things much less involved.
- Entertaining. Raw cuisine allows you to wow your friends. As people, more and more, are drawn to leading healthier lives you are able to be a leader by understanding and preparing raw cuisine. This quote from his book, Entertaining in the Raw, summarizes my feelings on this benefit, "Whether it is an extravagant wedding dinner on an exotic beach or dinner for two candlelight, the impact and pleasures of raw food are, by and large, incomparable to other challengers."
Celebrity Raw Foodies
Musician/Singer/Songwriter Jason Mraz is known to eat a lot of raw foods, which he attributes to his high energy on his My Space page in 2008.
Donna Karen, the women's clothing designer, is a famous raw foodist who lost 20 pounds on lifefoods and has drawn a lot of attention to the diet due to how awesome she looks. (More)
Demi Moore has been on raw foods for a long time and looks it. So far she has defied the law of aging, making her one of the most famous raw foodists, showing that raw vegan weight loss really works as a permanent and joyful weight loss lifefstyle. (More)
Alicia Silverstone has known about raw foods for a while, she has been a big vegan advocate. (More)
Supermodel Carol Alt is one of the most well known famous raw foodists. (More)
Woody Harrelson has also been vegan for a long time and really into raw foods. (More)
Madonna is not totally raw but is an example of how to look great at any age. Even Howard Stern is into a raw foods diet. (More)
Other celebrities that have embraced the raw foods lifestyle in some form include Pierce Brosnan, Daryl Hannah, Susan Sarandon, Cher, Margaret Cho, Angela Bassett, Steve Jobs, and Edward Norton. Uma Thurman, Natalie Portman, Beyonce, Davide Bowie, Robin Williams, Lisa Bonnet, and counting.......
See Daryl Hannah's promotion/documentary of the lifestyle: Video 1 | Video 2
Edward Norton, Angela Bassett, and even Steve Jobs.
Living, raw, energized food is the best way to vibrant health and radiant beauty! Feel like a Star!
Marjorie Rothstein, Contributing Writer: Marjorie Hope Rothstein, founder of Living the 5 Star Life...without limits, is a spa trends specialist and new aging/boomer expert focused on becoming ageless. As a Boomer Babe with her finger on the pulse of the latest leading edge breakthroughs in beauty and preventative health and wellness, she is passionate about finding and sharing her discoveries of the fountain of youth with you. As a beauty and longevity expert, her columns have appeared in many print and online publications... (more...)