Free Syrian Army
FSA's Abu Shahab on USCS
Please visit our sponsor.
We want to sit together and live together with Christian or Alawi or Muslim.
Abu Shahab: We don't need food, we need ammo.
Some of Shahab's statements in this interview include:
- "Assad has used chemical weapons . There is a lot of evidence, starting in Aleppo, then Daraa and the countryside of Damascus..."
- "...mostly civilians killed by [these chemical weapons]..."
- "I can not determine how many times [Assad] has used chemical weapons because he has used it so many times."
- "Hezbollah is helping Assad inside Syria."
- "There is a shortage of medical care." (Victims who are hurt in the leg, for example, go to regime hospitals, then wind up dead, shot in the head by regime doctors. Because of this, there is no medical care available to many.)
- "We are requesting ammunitions, anti-aircraft missiles, rockets, and anything that will support our advance..."
- "We don't want food. We need something for the defense of our families and children and women because when Assad and his regime go to any place, they kill every[one]. Even the blind, they kill."
- "We want to sit together and live together with Christian or Alawi or Muslim. Before [Assad], there was nothing that happened with eachother.
The FSA operates throughout Syria, both in urban areas and in the countryside. Forces are active in the northwest (Idlib, Aleppo), the central region (Homs, Hama, and Rastan), the coast around Latakia, the south (Daraa and Houran), the east (Dayr al-Zawr, Abu Kamal), and the Damascus area. The largest concentration of these forces appears to be in the central region (Homs, Hama, and surrounding areas), with nine or more battalions active there. The head of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon, has said that the Free Syrian Army controlled significant parts of some cities.
Although most of the FSA's members are Sunni Arabs'Syria's largest community'it includes battalions made up wholly or mostly of Kurds, Turkmen, Palestinians and Druze.
Charles Faddis, Senior Intelligence Editor, Former Cia Operative, Host Of Uscs: Charles S. Faddis, President of Orion Strategic Services, LLC is a former CIA operations officer with twenty years of experience in the conduct of intelligence operations in the Middle East, South Asia and Europe. He has worked against the most dangerous terrorist organizations on the planet and has extensive firsthand experience with their methodology and tactics. His last assignment prior to retirement in May of 2008 was as head of the CIA's terrorist Weapons of Mass Destruction unit. He... (more...)