Yesterday the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Rochelle Walensky extended the moratorium on evictions in the United States. Walensky is not an elected official. She has no legal authority to eliminate private property rights in the United States. She did it anyway.
And no one in Washington did anything about it. Fifty Republican United States Senators and 212 Republican Congressmen sat quietly and watched as one of the fundamental precepts on which this republic was founded was destroyed. With one stroke an unelected federal official effectively nationalized all residential real estate in the United States, and no one lifted a finger to stop her.
Since his arrival in the Oval Office Joe Biden and his comrades have waged war on the most basic elements of our laws and traditions, and with few exceptions, no one in the so-called opposition party has intervened.
- Our southern border no longer exists. The definition of citizenship is under attack and hundreds of thousands of illegals are streaming into the nation without any attempt to stop them.
- Americans are being forced to take an experimental vaccine even as mounting evidence suggests it has significant negative health impacts and its benefits are negligible.
- Americans are being threatened with losing their rights to work, travel and associate if they do not submit to vaccine tyranny.
- American children are being indoctrinated with Marxist critical race theory propaganda and parents are being told to shut up and get out of the way.
- Big Tech is being weaponized to shut down free speech and enforce adherence to the regime’s ideology.
- Opponents of the regime are being labeled “domestic violent extremists”, hunted down by the FBI and weeded out of the Department of Defense and other government agencies.
- The very definition of gender is being rewritten. The American Medical Association is recommending gender no longer appear on birth certificates. Children are now being empowered to undergo sex “reassignment” surgery even over their parents’ objections.
- Government is systematically destroying the concepts of individual liberty, personal property, family and personal responsibility. A nation of free men and women is being radically and rapidly transformed into a socialist state in which rights no longer exist and privileges are granted only to those who conform.
At no time in our history have we been more threatened. At stake is the very nature of the country in which we live. Allowed to go unchecked, this assault on our freedoms will destroy the United States of America as we know it.
If there was ever a time when the republic needed defending – this is it. If there was ever a time when patriots in Congress needed to stand up it would be now.
And, yet, outside of a few lone voices, like that of Rand Paul, we hear nothing. Our representatives watch silently, hands folded as the republic that has stood for two hundred and fifty years is burned to ground.
The truth is that there is no opposition in any real sense. News agencies intent on manipulating opinion rather than educating the public may continue to obsess over race, and workers’ rights, and environmental policy but none of this really has much of anything to do with what is really happening. The real fight in America today is between the people and the oligarchs, a class of filthy rich, power-mad bureaucrats, technocrats, politicians, and academicians who believe they have the right to control everything that happens and to tell everyone else what to do.
Infused with the Marxist ideology that has infiltrated our institutions of higher learning, fawning at the “efficiency” of Communist China and laser-focused on becoming ever richer and more powerful, this self-appointed elite has come to dominate both major political parties and all of the vast federal bureaucracy. It is immensely powerful, and it senses that this is the moment to truly solidify its control over the nation.
For the oligarchs, there is no time to waste. They know full well the overwhelming majority of Americans do not support their agenda. They understand completely that a truly “woke” citizenry will rise against them and end their dreams of a socialist “utopia.” They are moving with astonishing rapidity for a reason.
We, the people, need to respond with the same energy and speed. Senator Rand Paul had this to say recently. He was talking specifically about vaccines and lockdowns, but his sentiment can be applied to all the issues we face today.
“Resist. They can’t arrest us all. They can’t keep all your kids home from school. They can’t keep every government building closed – although I’ve got a long list of ones they should.
We don’t have to accept the mandates, lockdowns, and harmful policies of the petty tyrants and feckless bureaucrats. We can simply say no, not again….
I think the tide has turned, and more and more people are willing to stand up. I see stories from across the country of parents standing up to teacher unions and school boards….
We are at a moment of truth and a crossroads. Will we allow these people to use fear and propaganda to do further harm to our society, economy, and children?
Or will we stand together and say, absolutely not. Not this time. I choose freedom.”Rand Paul, Fox News – Choose Freedom
On December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks, a black woman, boarded a bus in Montgomery, Alabama, paid her fare, and took a seat. She was subsequently asked to give up her seat to a white passenger in keeping with the city’s Jim Crow laws. Parks refused.
Rosa Parks was arrested. In response, the entire black community in Montgomery organized a boycott refusing to ride any city buses. That boycott lasted 381 days and ended only with the Supreme Court ruling declaring segregation on public transit systems to be unconstitutional.
Asked later about her refusal to give up her seat Rosa Parks had this to say, “People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. I was not tired physically … No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.”
Time for all of us to get just as tired. Time for all of us to stop giving in. Refuse to comply. Throw out the representatives that won’t fight for you. Boycott the stores and businesses that think they can make you wear a mask. Sue the employers that threaten to fire you.
Stop waiting for someone else to save us. Time for us to save ourselves.