Reform Party Affiliate created with USCS's Charles Faddis!
Published on August 16, 2012
An affiliate of the Reform Party of the United States has been formally established in the State of Maryland. The Maryland Reform Party is now engaged in party building activities and focused on obtaining full ballot access. The Party also plans to begin to field candidates in local, state and federal elections.
The Reform Party of the United States is opposed to the partisan gridlock in Washington, DC, which is preventing us from finding real solutions to the critical problems facing our nation. It stands for limited government, reduced spending, high ethical standards, term limits, an end to ruinous nation building exercises abroad and the revision or nullification of one-sided "free trade" agreements, which have sent our jobs overseas and gutted our manufacturing base.
For additional information and interview requests, please contact Charles S. (Sam) Faddis at 443-603-6044 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the Reform Party can be found at www.reformparty.org
REFORM PARTY CORE PRINCIPLES
(Amended by the 2008 National Convention, Dallas, TX)
Set the highest ethical standards for the White House and Congress:
Balance the Budget:
- No more gifts.
- No more trips or junkets paid for by special interests.
- No more free meals.
- Pass laws with significant penalties ' not rules.
- Give Congress and the White House the same retirement plans and health care as the average citizen.
- Develop a detailed blueprint to balance the budget.
- Eliminate the practice of keeping some programs off-budget.
- Pass the Balanced Budget Amendment.
- Create an annual financial report in plain language so the American people will know whether or not we are following the plan to balance the budget.
- Give the President the Line Item Veto.
- Use one accounting system throughout government.
Create a new tax system:
- Prohibit fundraising by incumbents while exercising their offices.
- In order to vote:
- Must be a Registered Voter
- Must have valid state picture ID or military ID
- Require voter ID at the polls.
- Eliminate private contributions including 527s and PACs and replace with public funding of campaigns.
- Prohibit announcements of exit polls until all voting has been completed in Hawaii.
Carefully putting together plans to deal with Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security:
- It must be fair to individuals as well as corporations.
- It must raise the money to pay the bills.
- Require that any future tax increases under this new system be approved by the people in the next federal election, in order to impose discipline on spending.
Promoting jobs in the USA:
- Explain these plans in detail to the American people.
- Get a consensus.
- Keep these programs dynamic, so they can be changed based on experience ' don't freeze them with restrictive legislation.
- Stop the government from raiding public trust funds.
- Negotiate trade agreements that promote American jobs, consumer safety, environmental protection, and fair trade. Rescind and get us out of NAFTA, GATT, CAFTA and the WTO now. Tear up these trade agreements for new, fair agreements.
- Create a business environment that supports small business, which accounts for roughly 80 percent of jobs held by Americans today. Trade agreements, tax reform, health care reform, and other programs must reflect the needs of small business.
- Prohibit former elected and appointed officials from ever taking money from foreign governments or foreign interests.
- Prohibit any former high level federal employees ' including elected officials ' from ever working as a foreign lobbyist.
- Allow foreign governments to provide information to our government through the State and Commerce Departments and the Executive Branch, but prohibit them from giving contributions or gifts of any kind.
- Allow foreign representatives to visit with Members of Congress, but under no circumstances allow them to give elected officials anything now or later.
- Prohibit any former high level federal employees ' including elected officials ' from working as a domestic lobbyist after leaving government service in the area for which they served.
- Limit domestic lobbying to presenting client's ideas to the Legislative and Executive Branches
- Prohibit lobbyists from giving money, trips or other incentives to current or former members of the Legislative and Executive Branches.
- Invoke the direct tax protections for homesteads owned by individual citizens.
- Close the borders and stop illegal immigration now.
- Funding shall be withheld from all sanctuary cities that shelter illegals.
- Elimination of the Hatch Act.
- Oppose the creation of the North American Union in any form.
- Oppose NAFTA Superhighway.